I'M INTERESTED IN your thoughts about today's speaker, Pat McLoone, the managing editor of the Philadelphia Daily News.
Here are a few things that stood out for me:
- Every day is a constant battle between what's going to sell and what's most important.
- You can be a fan but you must always remain objective.
- He wouldn't have allowed Larry Fitzgerald to cover his son.
- There is a liberal bias in the media.
- Sportswriters craft their stories during the game and send them to the editors almost immediately after the game ends.
- Drive, hard work and integrity are the keys to success.
- Offer to do the dirty work as a young reporter. It'll give you the foundation for your future work and it will endear you to the editors.
What stood out for you?
(the photo is via flickr)
10 months ago