WHAT DID YOU think of today's guest, filmmaker Tigre Hill?
Here are a few things that stood out to me:
- He approached the two campaign staffs before following the mayoral candidates in 2003. The Sam Katz team allowed coverage. The John Street team never responded.
- Tigre's goal was to become such a regular part of the scene that he was invisible with his camera.
- A television journalist was removed from covering the mayoral race after he badgered John Street during a press conference.
- Tigre was labeled a "conservative filmmaker" after his film was released.
- He relies upon facts, and doesn't start off the process with an established agenda.
- Once he's done gathering, he forms an opinion.
- He wants to have coffee with John Street.
- He said that while at Temple as a student, he was always thinking about what would be next, rather than appreciating the moment.
- His next film, The Barrel of a Gun, about convicted cop killer Mumia Abu Jamal, will be released in the fall.
What stood out for you?
6 months ago